Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today is Thursday the 9th.

I left off with our busy Sunday sched. Monday morning we were up early for a quick breakfast and met in lobby to get instructions on which couples were flying into which province. On the bus to airport to fly out to Kumming with 6 other couples for our babies. Our group flew 2 hours into Kumming and on the bus to meet our babies!!

We had a 45minute ride into Jian province and into a group of buildings where Martin our facilitator explanined lived older Chinese and some children. Martin told us that the older Chinese men and women who don't have a place to live often come to a sort of retirement community and care for the children. Very poor conditions!

When we arrived Rich and I had so many emotions, mostly excited to meet Jack, we were rushed to get into Jian, because the Orphanage Director wanted to go to lunch! We arrrived about 11:45 any later we would have had to return!!

Martin rushed us in and the babies were already in the room, usually they bring the kids to you one by one. Very caotic!

As I looked around the room, my mind was racing, would Jack recognize us or would we recognize him??? As soon as we were in the room i turned around and there he was with his nanny, she already new us from the pictures we sent. My eyes met hers and i immediatly new my new son. She was telling Jack - mommy and daddy and pointing to us. I think you are supose to wait for them to call you to your child, but i immediatly ran over and picked him up!!
He's sooo beautiful and smart. The nanny had obviously been working with him due to pictures we sent. She had his blanket with him and his toy. He loves his blanket very much.
Rich and i are so blessed. I thank everyone for the prayers, God continues to make this a smooth transition. Rich and i did not cry, we were so overjoyed with God's favor. The room was so full of nannys and moms and dads, can you believe not one child cried, and we were there for a very long time.

We had to leave for lunch with our children and then come back an hour later to do all the visa paperwork the same day. We talked with the nannies while the dads filled our lots of papers and signed with our finger prints. Then drove to the Chinese goverment office to pick up Jacks offical adoption papers. A very long day and not once did Jack cry or get fussy.
Post more later, called to dinner! Lots of love and keep praying for us. We truly feel all your prayers during this new trasition. Rich and Giniaxxxooxxx

9 comments:

Forever Family said...

It sounds so perfect. I am glad it went really well. Have a wonderful day.

Glen and Kelly

Machell said...

I am so glad everything is going great for all of you. Enjoy your trip. Your life is now changed forever ... isn't God GREAT. Thank you God for the little ones you have blessed our lives with.

Machell Rogers
from GA!

Holly said...

Well, I'm glad YOU didn't cry ~ I did as I read you message! Could you have asked for a better day? I think not!!!

Holly

Debbi Moore said...

Oh Rich and Ginia..thank you for taking the time to tell us about your special day when God put Jack in your arms. Our God is so good! I am so overjoyed for you and my eyes are filled with happy tears. Much Love, Debbi

Debbie Tate said...

God is so so so good. Our prayers are continually with you. Love, Aunt Deb and Grandma

Brittney Galloway said...

I am so happy for you! I can not wait to hear the rest of the story! I love you all and can't wait to meet "cousin" Jack!

Stabiles said...

I can only imagine our Heavenly Father's joy as you met for the first time the son He has chosen for you.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17

mjlswells said...

Congratulations! We are thilled for you!

Milton & Janis Wells

Unknown said...

Glad to hear it is all going so well! Can't wait to hear more.
Tamara